Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Apples and Honey,



Apples and Honey

In these days when the earth opens a New Year
An apple spins on the Book of Life
While Fukushima spills death into the sea
And Syria's children continue to suffer

I will do my part for making things whole
Cast the crumbs of my named misdeeds
Into the currents of conscience and forgiveness
Small offerings from the loaf of accumulated days



Later I will set on the table
A bowl of apples
A knife
A plate with honey poured on



While the roundness of the year
Passes through our endings and beginnings
I will invite family and friends
To rest a while

We will cut wedges from the apples
Dip them in honey
Sink our teeth through
Smooth skin to crisp flesh

And wait for the honey
To mix with the tartness on our tongues

So that for the time being we will know

The world still has sweetness for us to savor.



-Dina Stander





“In my Celebrant work I have discovered purpose and genuine service. I am always learning, from the families and communities I work with and from the life stories and spirit of the loved ones we honor.”   - Dina Stander

http://www.dinastander.com/Welcome.html  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Spring Equinox as Catalyst for Healing

By certified Life-Cycle Celebrant Marilyn Dion Celebrant Foundation & Institute There are so many things about March that I...